Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm back!

Vegas was hot, shopping was good.

Things in Vegas that were freaky-deaky:

-My husband checking every single slot machine chair we went to sit down on for Old Lady Pee. He was pretty sure there would have been at least one, Luckily he was wrong

.-No recycling. Only the air. Garbage cans full of beer bottles. And pop cans. And water bottles. Who knew? The man thinks they are slowly filling in the Grand Canyon with broken glass. maybe he is right?!?

-People walking around SMOKING. I know I am so Canadian in the way I was SHOCKED to see folks walking around EVERYWHERE (even on the ELEVATORS!) SMOKING. HOLY SHIT AMERICAN ALL CIGARETTES STINK. ~for those of you not in the know, there in no smoking in public place here in Canada. I also live in the least progressive city here and still.. NO SMOKING. Nowhere kids are, can anyone smoke. I like it. ALOT.

-Drinking in public. Like walking down the street/hallway/mall/wherever. This I was ok with. I came to embrace it even. Even though I still looked for recycling bins, I got used to tossing my beer bottles in the (gulp) garbage.

-I saw two homeless guys there. TWO. And NO BUGS. Maybe they eat each other? Ah... recycling at last!


Things I LOVED about Vegas:
-free booze.

-Penn & Teller. I talked to to Teller after the show (and got pics with him, the man got one with Penn, who called him BOSS, and they signed our program) and HE TALKED BACK!!!!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT???? TELLER TALKS!!! The best show EVER. SO AWESOME! Now I am a die hard freaky fan. 4EVER. (I am aware how lame I sound ok?) and will post the pics soon.

-20$ Kobe beef burgers. Honestly? The best burger EVER. It was actually worth it. *drool*

-The service! Wow you Americans sure have our asses kicked in terms of service. No SHIT! The only place I found lacking was the uber hip Urban Oufitters and our server of Kobe Beef. They looked like typical semi slackers and I actually found it kinda charming and reminded me of home. But other than that, YOU WIN USA!

-How friendly everyone was. If you smile at people, THEY SMILE BACK AND EVEN SAY HI!!! wow.

-The Monorail. Monorail.. MONORAIL... MONORAIL! -All the spectacle. I can't even say anymore then that. SPECTACLE.

-Winning 14 dollars on my second pull of the slot machine. I of course lost more than that by the end, but the winning? YAY!

-Watching the man win at poker. COOL. They gave him a chip worth 500$! We took a picture before running greedily to cash it in.

-Finding my way around alone. It would be tough to get around in Veags if you couldn't read. Thank Bob for my good Canadian edjumacation.

-Cheap and plentiful cabs. Not like here. And door guys that can get 'em for you. Bless them.

-Always having my room (at the Luxor in the tower with a view of the pool no less!) clean when I got back to it.

-Anything you want, 24/7. Just a phone call away. NUTSO!

Things I DIDN'T like about Vegas:

-45 degrees celcius? Who thought that was a good idea? Not me. /shudder And HOT WIND. Thats just gross. Going down to a balmy 37 at night. NIIIIIIIIIIICE. not.

-The guys who try to rope you in to FREE SHOWS/FOOD/WHORES (ok I made the whore one up but I bet if you asked...)!! YOU ONLY NEED TO GO FOR A TOUR OF OUR TIME SHARE etc... ANNOYING MUCH? We got very adept at giving them the brush off quickly.

-Wow.. is that all I didn't like? AMAZING.

No knitting. Nope none at all. But my class went really well the night before I left... BIG STUPID SMILE!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Checking chairs for old lady pee--I love it. Made me laugh! My husband thinks I'm so silly sometimes, but that's one I've never come up with.