Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cranky



Hahahaha. I am so 2 years ago.


Anyways I have gotten a really good response to my cupcakes, thanks for all the emails! But like I confessed to my Mummy In Law.. (cut and pasted from an email)


I feel like such a FRAUD. They are criminally easy to make, but they do take a little while. I used CANNED frosting (fluffy vanilla) and just melted chocolate chips for the choccy tops.





I used this recipe, but instead of all that fiddling around I got little cups from Walmart (weirdly by the cake pans!) and put a glop of melted chocolate (chips. bakers. DARK! melted in the microwave) into the little cup and then pushed the little cupcake ball into the melted choc. For frosting I just glopped some choc on the top of half and used a Ziploc to pipe it on and make the white look all spiffy. The little shiny balls were Chris' idea. :) Pop them into the fridge until its time to go.. and you too can be the superstar I was made out to be. FUN!! Since we have another party to go this Friday, I may make some more..


And actually.. I am making more. Spice cake ones in fact. Gods I am a sad bastard yes? Now if my uterus would just please stop trying to kill me, all would be well.


On one of my favourite boards on Ravelry there is a thread that keeps popping (at first I wrote pooping!) up called Unpopular Opinions. I have some of those!


Unpopular (therefore my) opinions!


1. The third act of Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog SUCKED. Sucked enough in fact that it ruined the stellar parts one and two in my opinion. There. I said it. Throw the first stone.


2. There are people out there who shouldn't have pets. Or kids. Ick. Why do you have to get a license to fish but any idiot can have a baby? WHY?


3. The movie The Mist by Frank Darabont (based on the Stephen King novella) was maybe one of the scariest movies ever*. BUT THE ENDING RUINS IT. WHY Mr Darabont? WHY?


4. People who claim they are on a diet then blog about eating mass amounts of crap are idiots. Why would say anything in the first place? Of course there are people that blog about the minutiae of their lives so I guess why not? WHY MR DARABONT WHY?


5. I love Starbucks.



This weekend holds promise of being most awesome. Old friends coming into town.. cool weather and oh yeah.. 4 MORE SLEEPS.



Happy 12th Birthday Maximilian J Scrufflesworth the 3rd ESQ.com. We LOVE YOU.








*Chris hated this movie because SCIENCE got blamed. Ok and the crazy religous lady bugged the shit outta him too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. we have similar unpopular opinions. yay for opinions!

2. those cupcakes have blown my mind. i am so making them for the next potluck i go to.

xo