Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snose goes away please...*


I have a black thumb. Its true. I planted a HUGE garden when we first bought our little duplex. I broke the ground, rototilled the soil**, planted little seeds, weeded and cared for it. Then Chris ended up in hospital that fall and while I managed to get a few things out of the ground, it was left to go to seed. The backyard has since reclaimed that piece of land and I buy my veggies. Screw you gardening.





House plants have NEVER fared well in my care, but I have had a lucky bamboo stick that is seeming to be ok*** so I have branched out. A tiny terrarium! With a very small plastic deer! Did you have any idea how hard it is to find tiny plastic animals? Well it is. I really wanted a sheep, but didn't find one. So deer it is. Lets see how long it lasts. Hopefully a long time.




The flick carded cormo locks spun up into some lovely yarn didn't it? And of course.. Mr Takemypicture is right there. Aways there for impromptu photo shoots. Little bugger.



The little baby sweater sure knitted up fast! Not having done a whack of baby knitting I can say with certainty, it is FUN. Like instant gratification fun.




Not that I'm a good friend. This sweater does have to be hand washed. Like new Moms have time for that right? STILL EVIL.




*what Pickles looks like when he comes in after the snow. You know EVERY DAMN DAY. Ugh. GO AWAY.

**and got 3rd degree sunburn for it. Ugh.

***leave it alone and apparently it works.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love the baby sweater, so cute!! Pattern??
The terrarium is awesome too, what's in there?

Heather said...

Okay, nevermind I found the pattern. I love Ravelry, must get on there more often! Thanks for the inspiration as always Karen!