Monday, December 13, 2010

Monster Hospital


This is hard to write about. I mean come on, we all have it sofa king good here. How can a whinge from a person who never has to worry about where I'll sleep, if I can eat or if I will be safe count? By accident of birth, I live in the best country in the world*, where my standard of living is ridiculous compared to most everywhere else in world. Yet here it is, the incessant voice of pain, banging at my door. Some days are easier than others not to open that door, sometimes the damn door is already open by the time I get to it, and sometimes, I can't NOT open it. Know what? I've come to realise that my life is changed, forever marked differently than it was. Get over yourself Karen.

Things I love:
-cashmere yarn
-new tea mugs
-my husband who will sit up with me until all hours. And think it's awesome.
-dogs. all dogs but especially mine.
-video games. I'm looking at you Dragon Age. and um, Alistair.
-my kiddo who is one of the funniest people I know. Kind and sweet. He'll roll his eyes when he reads this. But you are, so there.
-my sheepskin on the couch. Why did I wait so long to get one of these? WHY?
-pink lady apples.
-my friends.
-especially well produced singles. music and yarns.

This list could go on to be gigantor, but I'll keep some things for another day. I keep them in a little chest in my mind and bring them out to turn around in my hands when I"m feeling like this. Hold fast, the ride can get bumpy!







* true fact

1 comment:

Dana said...

Ack, I know what you mean. But just because you/we are fortunate in so many ways doesn't mean that you're not allowed to feel pain (or let it be known that you're in pain).

It's great to find a silver lining wherever you can (um, especially in CASHMERE!), but sometimes the lining is just giving yourself permission to admit that you're hurting.

And that's my new age wisdom for the day. Sending you warm thoughts and hot coffee! :)